Thursday 26 December 2013

The Point of Learning Other People's Lessons

Dear Reader,

I've been lucky enough to learn an awful lot of lessons in a relatively short amount of time.

And, most of the time, I wasn't the poor unfortunate who had to learn the lessons the hard way - I was taught these lessons by parents, relatives, neighbours, and friends. The stories they told me about how they learned the hard way have stuck.

So, dear reader, I invite you to learn from my failures, and from the failures of the people I care about. In order to ensure they still care about me at the end of all this, I won't name any names or divulge anything too specific - but this should (hopefully) still allow me to share most of the salient information with you - and hopefully help you avoid the hardest lessons to learn.

xx - S

P.S. As you can probably tell, dear reader, one of the lessons I obstinately refuse to learn is to not directly refer to the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment